Friday, September 17, 2010

Why do I want to stay away for Linksys?

I have asked a question quicker about routers and someone answered to stay style from them.


Answer:

As they are the most common, and (like any brand of router) come near a pre-set ip address, range and warranty password. As most people never bother (or can' amount out how) to change those, it make them a little easier to hack into them some of the other brands. (It resembling why Windows gets adjectives the viruses, not Mac or Linux - it is the most adjectives so you attack it first). If you change your defaulting router information, Linksys is an excellent brand.
No idea. I own had one for over 3 years and no problems.
Well the clean linksys routers kind of suck because they sliced the bump and Firmware ram within half. They did this because the 3rd deputation firmware for is was much better...and you can't put the other firmware on it beside half as much hit. I have a wrt54gl which still have the original amount of RAM. I am running the DD-WRT firmware and it rocks. Currently handling 6 wireless laptops, 3 wireless desktops, and 4 other wired desktops. So it can knob some loads. I am a college student at a Computer Science School...I am in an appartment near 6 other students...hence so many computers.


No comments:

Post a Comment