Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why is my notebook so slow??? .. please read details?

I hold a VAIO Notebook 1.73 Ghz with 512 Mb of RAM. I know that Vista slows your computer, but not this much!! I even own to think twice past opening a folder for I own to wait approaching 20 seconds to respond!! And BTW, I'm running Vista Basic, NOT AERO. I've tried Yamicsoft Vista Manager and TuneUp Utilities, no use. What can I do?


Answer:

1GB min RAM for Vista, 2GB is great. 512MB isn't perfect. I've seen laptops beside 512MB and they bite.
Well do you have alot of software and alot downloaded mete out that is a most likey motivation or a virus.
Most of the time computers that come from a Large Provider (Sony, Dell, Gateway, etc.) come preloaded with lots of software. They do this because it keep the overall cost of the laptop/pc down because the software companies will pay royalties to the Vendor. This software is constantly running when you turn your computer on. The best item you can do without doing a full reformat (deleting adjectives information on the hard drive and putting window back on) is budge into the control panel and uninstall any software you dont use or have never used. Make sure you look into the internet for information about software you are not sure more or less. Search the RunQA.com for information about software that may make happen issues if removed or removed improperly.

Also check out that no bugs enjoy your systems. Download a good Anti-virus (I recommend Dr. Web Cure It a free virus scanner independent of your regular Anti-Virus) and some spyware scanners (Ad-Aware & Spybot). You will have need of to update them and then you can consent to them scan all at equal time if you want. I would recommend overnight because they will tie your system up for a while.



Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment